Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: can't install edison 1.90

  1. #1
    Inactive Member markross's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I get this error too - bloody annoying. Does anyone have a fix?


    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:
    hi,
    I went to the terratec ftp site and downloaded edison 1.90 because i realized the one on the stress control panel is version 1.0 - i'm running win98 and whenever i try to install this 'final' edison, i get an error " -113 " as soon as the data begins copying. does anybody have this problem and or a way to fix it?
    thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    hi,
    I went to the terratec ftp site and downloaded edison 1.90 because i realized the one on the stress control panel is version 1.0 - i'm running win98 and whenever i try to install this 'final' edison, i get an error " -113 " as soon as the data begins copying. does anybody have this problem and or a way to fix it?
    thanks.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, i uninstalled edison, but still have the 1.6b version on. i'm gonna clean the registry and remove the other one. i'll post back the results.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Iamos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2000
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had the same problem but I used the uninstall program that comes with Ed!son and then I installed version 1.90 and now everthing works fine.

    Saludos!
    Iamos

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    well...cleaned every trace of edison out of the registry, and still 1.90 doesn't install.
    what a headache this company has given me.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2000
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I found a way to reproduce your problems.
    Don't change a thing about the installation.
    It seems like a problem in the start menu folders.
    Whem i first tried to install it i changed the default folder "Ed!son" to "Music\Ed!son"
    because all my audio software is in that location.
    Guess what, error -113.
    After installation i manualy dragged it to the music folder.
    If i try to install the program again, the default folder hase become "Music\Ed!son"
    Again, changing it ==> error -113 !!!
    So make sure the parent folder exists, the installer fails if it is not.
    I did not change the real location of the files, that one is "C:\EWS64"

    John.

    Ps. i'm running W2K, not sure about W9x.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The thing about the installation is that it chooses a default folder of 'c:' - no directory. I've even let that go...without changing and it still wouldn't install. I tried installing to the c:\ews64 dir as well. Is it possible the new edison is designed to run on win2k and wasn't thoroughly tested on win9x? smile

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I've got it...with some tips from JHo.
    I made a directory on the c: drive, C:\Ed!son
    then made a folder in the start menu Programs\AudioSystemEWS64\Ed!son - which was the default folder it recommended. I started the install, chose c:\ed!son as the directory, and left the program folder alone, and it installed. One odd thing is that it didn't install the shortcut to the default folder, but instead to Programs\Ed!son. hell, as long as it runs at this point!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Carsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    hallo mace,
    still don't work for me! I did everything (and checked twice) like you described. Same error -113.
    Does anyone still have ideas?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Mutsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had the same problems with W95 as operating system.

    The way I fixed it was:
    - remove all the older versions of Ed!son with the W95 Uninstall service (=Software/uninstall)
    - REBOOT THE PC!!!! This way, the registry will be cleaned
    - install Ed!son 1.90. Confirm every question. You don't have to change any directory names.

    Hope this helps smile

    Mutsi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •